"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it". Matthew 7:13-14

Thursday 8 October 2009

In His Grip

Isa 49:15-16
"Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.
See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands".

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock. He put a new song in my mouth.

I think that no matter how old we are we need to be in a safe pair of hands. The weaker you are the more support you need. I would imagine that if you were in a slimy pit full of mud, slowly going under you would cry out for help, hoping upon hope that someone strong enough will pass by that can get you out. I can see me stretching out my mud covered hands in desperation. Then the 'grip' that will never slip, never weaken, never let go is felt and we know instinctively that we will be saved from the pit.

Thank you Lord for your hands, pierced for my sins, thank you Lord that your hands reach out to us in love and compassion, to save us from the pit of hell, to a new life based on you as our sure foundation.

2 comments:

  1. Trevor

    I love the way you described the grip as one that will never slip. Often times in dangerous situations someone will offer their hand but there is always the possibility that they will not be able to bear the strain. Not so with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Daddy - God is always faithful and even when times we think that He has forgotten us and that we are slipping further we can trust that God always has a hold on us that is firm and secure - often it is us in a blind panic trying to break free from the entire situation but wouldn't you rather be covered in mud and be held firm by God than to be carefree but without God? - as always daddy something wonderful to contemplate upon - how good our Father in heaven is to us!! love you loads xxx ps can really see God working through your blog - when you are working through something you encourage me to think about it and i am sure many others - thank you God for using my daddy to not only stretch himself and me but anyone who reads what is on the heart of your most loyal servant x

    ReplyDelete