"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it". Matthew 7:13-14

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Loving Our Children

I have been blessed by raising three great daughters. All different, all with varied interests and outlooks on life, all expensive to keep. well that is really a bit of an exaggeration, they have always worked to earn their own money since they were young. But I am especially susceptible to being a 'soft touch' when it comes to my 'girls'. One look is all it takes, a gentle word and I want to give them anything they desire. It delights me to be able to do it for them as it is never a demanding type of 'request.'

I am reminded of a line from a very old poem.

"How blessed the man whose treasures rare, are 'living jewels' - children fair."

''Living Jewels''. I like that because all children are precious in a loving parents sight. It makes me reflect on just how much God must love us, and his desire to give us good gifts if we look to him with love and not greed, if our words to him are spoken with the right motivation then, I believe, that God's heart delights to give us our hearts desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment